Asian Development Bank, Government of Myanmar
The main objectives of the technical assistance are to:
- Conduct a meso-scale wind resource survey for the country
- Identify priority locations for setting up detailed wind measurement campaigns;
- Evaluate different scenarios for on-grid wind energy development at progressively large scales;
- Assess impact of increased wind-based generation on grid-level stability and power flow;
- Review Myanmar's regulatory framework for the power sector, focusing on renewable energy power generation and system integration, and identify challenges and gaps to accommodate higher shares of wind power;
- Estimate levelized costs of energy for utility-scale wind power developments.