IWE has conducted numerous grid integration studies that are both project-specific and regional in nature. IWE's services in this area include:
- Grid code enhancements for wind and solar interconnection
- System impact studies to determine the impact of variable generation plants on the grid
- Detailed modeling of grid to perform load flow, short-circuit analysis and stability studies
- Determination of maximum allowable penetration of variable generation
- Use of tools like using DigSILENT PowerFactory and MiPower
- System operations improvements
- Integration and sizing of energy storage to enhance transient stability
IWE will partner with developers and local governments to lower the cost of IWE Grid Integration Services.
For detailed deliverables and process for IWE Grid Integration Services contact us.