“Grid Integration of Wind Power: Best Practices for Emerging Wind Markets” by Pramod Jain and Dr Priyantha Wijayatunga has been published under the ADB Sustainable Development Working Paper Series. Its focus is on system impact studies to support variable generation--wind and solar. It may download it at:
The sections of this report are organized to answer specific questions:
- What is unique about wind energy with respect to grid integration?
- What are the components of grid integration of a Wind Power Plant (WPP) or wind farm?
- What is the impact of wind energy on a grid?
- What are the best practices for grid integration of wind energy?
- What is the cost of wind integration?